Wanderer Festival is a leader in environmental sustainability. We’re passionate about promoting awareness to all generations, with a vision to improve our sustainability goals each year.
We take great pride in the environmental consciousness of our community. In our previous incarnation as The Lost Lands in 2019, we had a successful ‘leave no trace’ policy that resulted in < 1% contaminated waste.
Collectively we can reduce the environmental impact of the festival!
Wanderer Festival is a waste wise event supported by Bega Valley Shire Council, who will assist in the diversion of waste from landfill and production of compost, alongside our festival green team.
These are the environmental initiatives we’ll have in place at Wanderer Festival in 2022.
Removal of single-use plastic items from main event site
– No plastic bags.
– No PET or fossil fuel-based single-use plastic water bottles backstage.
– No plastic straws and plastic cutlery.
Free water refill and wash stations
– Free refill water stations to be provided backstage, on the main site and in campgrounds.
– Wash stations with biodegradable soap will be located on the main site and in campgrounds. These can be used to wash reusable bottles, cups and utensils.
– Food and drink vendors will serve food & drinks in re-usable or compostable packaging.
– Reusable and recyclable water bottles and cups will be available for purchase on site.
– Reusable signage to be used throughout the main event and campground.
– Recycled stationery and paper to be used for office materials and onsite programs.
– Recyclable materials to be used for accreditation items including wristbands.
– Spanish artist Emiliano Matesanz returns to The Lost Lands showcasing magical installations for families made from pre-loved recycled materials.
– Clearly marked waste stations for recycling, compostable packaging and food scraps will be located on the main event site and in campgrounds.
– 100% biodegradable waste bags, certified 100% compostable, will be supplied to campers. Bag up your waste using the waste bags provided and bring them to a recycling station.
Our friendly team of volunteers will be stationed around the festival campground to assist you in keeping the beautiful festival grounds clean.
Pre-pack food you bring to the festival or campground in reusable cloth bags/baskets instead of single-use plastic.
Bring food products unpackaged or in reusable containers and avoid plastic cutlery and packaging. A range of delicious food options will be provided at the festival with compostable cutlery and packaging.
Remove single-use plastics (along with glass) from the list of items you intend to bring to the event and campgrounds.
Participate enthusiastically in our waste recycling program. Place waste in the marked bins provided and compost or recycle as much as possible.
BYO reusable water bottles and enjoy our free water stations. Water bottles and glasses will be available for purchase.
BYO reusable coffee cup for hot beverages. Compostable coffee cups will also be provided on site by caterers.
BYO plates and cutlery to eat food at the campsite. Wash up stations will be provided.
Carpool with friends for family, where possible.
Volunteer to help out with our sustainability initiatives and receive a free ticket to the festival! To be the first to know about volunteer positions, please sign up to our mailing list, where we will announce openings for 2022.